There has been increase in the number of private detective agency in the past few years. People are getting more and more doubtful these days and they find it difficult to trust others, while dealing with various issues in their personal and professional life.
Therefore, now- a- days, people obtain services from detective agencies, before making any critical decision. This is a good change in our society. It’s good to know that people are starting to live by the quote “PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE”. They want to be prevented from possible threats like scams, frauds and cheating. They are starting to value their safety and security and they are starting to realize, that it is good to be cautious before blindly trusting any stranger.
So, let’s just say ,Mr. A is running a business and he decides to get a background check with the help of a private detective agency, before hiring someone in his organization. He reaches out to some random detective agency, through an unreliable source. In this situation, it is highly possible that he may not get genuine and trust worthy results from that agency, because he has not done even basic research about that detective agency before contacting them. He has blindly trusted them without even enquiring about their services and performance strategy.
Credentials must be checked and cross-checked.Track record of the Agency, its owners and field operatives must be evaluated before entrusting the job to them. Mere paper credentials or website proclamations are not enough. Word of mouth enquiries from previous clients and contacts must be made about the Agency.
Let’s take another example, Mr. B wants to do a background check on his fiancé, so just like Mr. A, he also visits some random detective agency, which he saw in a newspaper advertisement. He doesn’t verifies anything about this detective agency either. This particular detective agency, which he visits, takes a large sum of money from him as advance fees and they tell him that he will receive a call after a week, regarding the results of pre-matrimonial investigation. He waits for not one but two weeks, but he didn’t receive any updates from the said detective agency. After 2 weeks of waiting, when he finally visited the detective agency, he finds the whole place empty, suggesting that the particular detective agency had been shut down. In this way, his whole experience with detectives, turned into a nightmare.
Let’s take a third example, Mr. C has a son, who is acting a little strange lately. His son is skipping a lot of classes, coming home late everyday and he is often moody, irritated and angry from the last few days. Mr. C gets worried by his son’s new attitude, because his son always used to be cheerful and happy. He felt that this kind of behavior portrayed by his son was new and odd. So, after some online research, he finds about a detective agency with good reviews. He crosschecked the credentials of the detective agency, in other websites also. After being somewhat satisfied, he visits the agency. After enquiring them thoroughly, he asks them to proceed with his son’s case.
So, what can be learned from the above three examples?
Mr. A, Mr. B and Mr. C all three of them went to a detective agency, to seek services of the agency, in order to deal with their problems. But, only one person i.e. Mr. C approached his problem in the correct way. On the other hand, both Mr. A and Mr. B made certain mistakes while approaching to a detective agency and suffered because of that. But Mr. C obviously did something differently than the others, because of which he didn’t suffer any ill consequence.
So, let’s see what was it, at which point Mr. C was right and the others i.e. Mr. A and Mr. B went wrong.
It is a smart move, to opt for services from detective agencies, but it will be a worthless move, if you don’t take certain measures before reaching out to them with your case. There are certain things to be kept in mind, before going to any detective agency.
THINGS TO DO BEFORE CHOOSING ANY DETECTIVE AGENCY:-
- Do a thorough internet search, about that particular detective agency, which you are interested to choose. One needs to check about the services offered by them and the facilities they are capable of providing. Reviews by the previous clients are also good proof to know about their performance record.
- Also, try to get feedback and recommendations about detective agencies from your trusted friend circle and knowledgeable sources, to know more about their point of view in your case. But, at the end, your decision should be based on your own judgment and deductions.
- Also, check if the detective agency, which you are interested to choose, is properly certified by the government to operate or not.
- Enquire if the detective agency, which you are willing to choose, is using latest technology and gadgets to deal with the cases or is it relying more on old school methods and strategies. It will be much better, to choose the detective agency which is tech- savvy and in touch with the current time period.
- Ask about the service charges in advance. You should not proceed with your case, just by assuming anything. You should also enquire if that detective agency has any prior experience in any case similar to yours, if yes, then what was the outcome of such a case.
The above mentioned facts are enough to judge, if any particular detective agency is worth your time and money or not.
Only after knowing the above mentioned things, it will be helpful for an individual to decide which private detective agency will be best for him and he will be able to conclude by himself which detective agency he should trust and which he shouldn’t. At the end of the day, he will not be affected by opinions and views of some random people and he will be able to choose wisely on the basis of his own hypothesis.